Wednesday, March 24, 2010

...the potential for a greatly improved experience is always born from a unwanted experience; and, in time (whenever resistance ceases), the improvement will come


This little excerpt is from the book The Vortex by Esther and Jerry Hicks. It is something that I have just learned, again. It is true, when you go through a bad or difficult situation, as soon as you cease resisting what is happening, everything becomes easier.

With relationships, as soon as you completely let go of the person/situation, something better comes along. I know I have trouble letting go, I tend to instill a lot of beliefs about a person which makes letting them go almost scary. It's like I'm giving up the chance for whatever it is to be in my life. What I need to remember is that, that chance will come again, if I stop resisting letting it happen!

Get out of my own way, why don't I?

1 comment:

haumana said...

Seeing through rose colored glasses again? Take a hint from the way you make friends. You meet people quite easily, but you choose your friends much more carefully. Or at least you did when you were younger. Wants, beliefs, expectations all get in the way of real relationships. Think on this. Mum