Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Let your mind be your guide

"The mind is everything; what you think, you become." - Gautama Buddha

I think that statement says it all. After years of thinking things like "I'm broke" and "I'm just an average student" I have finally come to a turning point in my life where I catch myself before saying such things (even to myself) and turn them around. I don't even think about being broke anymore. I think about money that I will receive. I tell myself when studying that I am a good student, that I understand exactly what the exam questions are asking me and I am able to deliver a really good answer. I got better grades this semester than I have since I came to study in New Zealand. I have also managed to get the ball rolling on a loan that I've been trying to receive since October.

I realize the problem with the loan. I wanted this money because I was broke. I was focused on the fact that I needed the money because I didn't have enough. This challenge probably has something to do with the fact that I am a full time college student. I spend 40 hours a week in classes alone. What spare time I do have is usually spent relaxing or studying. Money and the lack thereof has always been an issue. This is one area of my life that I intend to change. So I changed it. I said to my higher self, "Hey, can you give me some help in this area? Thanks." A few days later, everything lined up, I called the loan company and they said they'd gladly mail me a check all I had to do was fax them some information. This was a blessing.

I'm also catching myself saying things like "I'm going to have to remember my wallet" instead of "I hope I don't forget my wallet." I must say, that it has been working really well.

I will have to follow the words of Buddha because they are very wise indeed.


No comments: